Have you ever tried to keep up with your little one’s baby book, only to constantly forget, fall behind, or feel like a total failure? Yeah. Me too. Today I’m excited for Michelle LaRowe to share with you about a fun, new, EASY way to not only track your child’s development but also create an awesome baby book straight from your mobile device!
. . . . .
Keeping track of developmental milestones is important, not just to have a record of your baby’s firsts clearly chronicled in his baby book, but because everyone from your child’s pediatrician to preschool director will expect you to know when your baby first rolled over, said his first words and took his first steps.
While every child develops at his own pace, when a child doesn’t reach developmental milestones within the typical time frame it could indicate the presence of a developmental delay, and like with most things, the sooner a delay is recognized the quicker it can be corrected.
But keeping track of your baby’s firsts isn’t always easy. Especially for new moms who are short on sleep and giving all they’ve got just to make it through each day, never mind journal about it.
Fortunately for new parents, technology has made tracking milestones easier than ever. In fact, parents can utilize an online baby journal such as KidMondo to track their child’s complete growth and development.
Why is tracking milestones online easy with an online baby journal?
- Parents can record milestones from anytime, anywhere. Send yourself a text message, email, photo or even a video when your baby does something new so you don’t forget to add it to your baby journal later. Better yet, choose a journal you can update directly by email.
- Templates make recording a cinch. Medical and dental journals make recording easy. Simply plug in the info to keep your baby’s journal current. While customized handcrafted pages are beautiful to look, they take a lot of time and energy to create. In fact, many parents report that their baby’s traditional journals are not current for this very reason.
- Online diaries can be updated effortlessly. Online diaries allow you to enter in the important information you want to track. Whether you want to share an elaborate story or just capture the facts, an online diary allows you to track your baby’s milestones in one easy to access place.
- You can include photos and videos. Never question your baby’s first words again. Capture your baby’s firsts with your camera and include photos or videos in your journal.
- Order a professional printed version. Turn your online baby journal into a professionally printed book in just a few clicks. Record your child’s milestones and print out a keepsake copy to treasure and reference forever.
Knowing when to expect milestones can help ensure that you’re prepared to record them. What major milestones will you want to capture the first year?
- 2 months old: Your baby’s first smiles
- 4 months old: Your baby’s first laughs
- 6 months old: Your baby’s first attempts to eat solid foods
- 7-9 months old: Your baby’s first attempts at sitting unsupported
- 8-9 months old: Your baby’s first attempts at crawling
- 9 months old: Your baby’s first wave good-bye
- 12 months old: Your baby’s first words
- 9-17 months old: Your baby’s first steps.
While recording developmental milestones is important to ensuring that your baby is developing on track, capturing them provides precious memories for you to hold close to your heart as your baby moves from stage to stage throughout his childhood and beyond.
. . . . .
Michelle LaRowe is a mom, parenting author, and the editor-in-chief of Longhorn Leads, parent company of KidMondo, www.KidMondo.com, one of the first online baby journals. Michelle oversees the content across a network of care related websites including www.eNannySource.com, www.nannypro.com, www.GoNannies.com and www.4Nannies.com. Her books include Nanny to the Rescue! and Working Mom’s 411. In 2004 she was awarded the International Nanny Association Nanny of the Year award.