Below is a list of ten holiday gift ideas for toddlers from 12-36 months.
There are so many great toys out there, so use this list as a starting point for your shopping and brainstorming. And head over to this post to find some more ideas about the types of toys that are perfect for toddlers. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience (see full disclosure here).
1. Baby doll- Dolls are great for girls AND boys. Learn more about how playing with dolls teaches kids cognitive, fine motor, self-help, speech-language, and social-emotional skills in this post written in collaboration with a speech therapist and clinical psychologist who specializes in children and play therapy.
7. Ride-on toys– Start out by pushing (but not before they’ve started “cruising” by walking while holding onto furniture by themselves), then graduate to riding. My sensory-seeking little one has thoroughly enjoyed his longs walks with “Doggie” as he pushes him up & down and up & down the hallway until his muscles are worked and ready for bed.
8. Snap-lock beads– Exercise those hands and teach them to work together.
9. Potato Head- Expand language skills, learn about body parts, position in space, and how to work two hands together with Potato Heads ranging from classic to updated to extensive to themed (Toy Story Mr. and Mrs., Darth Tater, Dark Knight, Spudbob Squarepants, Spider-Man Spud) and so many more. Read my post about allllll the developmental benefits of playing with Potato Head HERE.
10. Stack and Sort board– Great for developing language, sorting skills, and an understanding of size, color, shape, and number.