It’s here! MamaOT’s first ever giveaway!
Last week I wrote about my newfound love of on-the-go organic puree baby food pouches. You can read it here. I’m fond of these pouches because of the easy-to-use twist top, the hard plastic straw that allows baby to suck straight from the bag (less mess and good practice!), and the fact that they contain only fruits & veggies (no added sugars, making them WIC eligible).
Watch below for a quick demo:
So, you want some for yourself?…er…I mean…your little one?
No problem! Simply leave a comment at the end of this post telling me which ONE of the following two sampler packs you’d prefer (be sure to enter your email address when prompted — I’m the only one who will see it):
1. Plum Organics
That’s it. No strings attached!
This giveaway will begin at 12pm PST on Monday, June 11, 2012 (that’s today!) and end at 12pm PST on Sunday, June 17, 2012 (which is Father’s Day). It is open to anyone with a valid mailing address in the lower 48 states.
The winner will be randomly selected and then announced the very next day (Monday, June 18, 2012) at 8am PST right here on MamaOT.com!!!
I will establish contact with the winner via email and we will work out the details from there.
Don’t forget to comment below and tell me which baby food you’d like. Could you be a dear and please tell your friends about it, too, so they have a chance to win?
Best of luck to all you hungry babies out there!
. . . . .
A few disclaimers/things to keep in mind:
1. One entry per person (at least 18 years of age). You know what this means? You can increase your odds of winning by getting your partner or other adults in your household to enter this giveaway. Good stuff!
2. Make sure your baby is able to eat this food, both developmentally and from a nutrition/allergy perspective. If you’re not sure whether your baby is ready for this food, either because of the consistency of it (these are Stage 2 purees for babies who can sit independently) or because of the ingredients, please read this article from BabyCenter.com. It’s best to introduce single-ingredient purees (apples, carrots, pears, etc.) before offering combinations (like apple+carrot) so you can monitor baby’s response to each food. Wait 3 days after offering a new food in order to look for signs of an allergic reaction. Click here to find out more about babies and food allergies.
3. One pouch of baby food is equivalent to two servings of fruits/veggies because a serving of fruit/veggie is only 3 Tbsp. This means if you feed baby the whole pouch in one sitting, she has been given not only two servings of fruits and veggies, but also double the sugar of one serving. Oh that tricky sugar.
4. Read and follow the directions on the labels for appropriate use and storage. No one wants a baby with a tummy ache (or worse) because mom or dad or babysitter forgot to put the half-eaten pouch in the fridge. Don’t microwave the pouch, don’t let baby play with the twist-off cap, and don’t let baby eat from the pouch without proper ADULT (not big sister) supervision.
5. This giveaway is not sponsored by any baby food companies. It is being conducted out of the kindness of my heart and because, hey, who doesn’t like free stuff?
. . . . .
So what are you waiting for??? Make your choice and leave a comment!
Join the newsletter!
Want more handy tips & tricks to help the kids in your life?
Subscribe to Mama OT so you can receive updates about new posts, helpful tidbits & a look at what's going on behind the scenes.